Green Thumbs Gardening Ministry is for positive, proactive & committed individuals who are eager to learn, share their time and gifts, stewarding the NLCSE Gardens! Skill level: New - experienced.
Team Meetings: Weekly during morning hours. Time and location varies. Contact GreenThumbs@NewLifeSoutheast.org for upcoming meetings.
- Gardening information is research-based and made available to you on-site when you serve.
- Family and friends can volunteer as your availability permits!
- Children are welcomed to the garden when accompanied by an adult.
LIFE AFTER ADDICTION
The Mission for Life After Addiction Recovery Ministry, is to provide support for people who are struggling, and or who is Recovering from hangups and habits, by applying the word of God.
Recovery Life Group: MeetS every second Monday of the Month, 6-7:30, Identity House
Quarterly Workshop: Every Three months on the 4th Saturday; March, June, Sept.,Dec.; 2-4 p.m., NLCSE Annex, 7757 S. Greenwood Ave., Chicago
Contact info: email@example.com
Life Support Scriptures:
- I am a new creature predestine for greatness (ll Corinthians 5:17)
- Each is so close to the next that no air can pass between (Job 41:16)
- I am forgiven and will not be tormented by my past errors (1 John 1:9)
· Kick Boxing, Zumba, Pound, Circuit Training: Wednesdays, 7-8 p.m., The Lighthouse (4338 S. Prairie Ave.) Cost - $5.00. Click here to sign up.
· Strength and Core Training: Wednesdays, 6:15-7:15 p.m., The Gary Comer Youth Center (7200 S. Ingleside Ave.) Cost - $10.00
· LIT (Cardio Dance): Thursdays, 7-8 p.m.The Gary Comer Youth Center (7200 S. Ingleside Ave.) Cost $5.00. Click here to sign up.
· Gospel Run: June 2, 2108, click here to register.
The Healthcare Ministry provides education and resources on healthcare issues that disproportionately affect our community. The ministry oversees different divisions that focus on specific health-related matters.
Divisions: Positive Living - HIV/AIDS, Life of Hope and Faith - Cancer, Optimal Wellness University - Chronic Diseases
Monthly Meetings: Every 4th Saturday
What can you find the Healthcare Ministry doing?
CPR/AED/First Aid Certification Courses, Health Screenings, First Aid Treatment for Church Events, Health Fair/Immunizations, Community Outreach, Health Seminars/Talks for Avalon Park School, “Sponsor a Patent” Drive