Crowd Control Specialist (Customer Service P/T)
Who We Are:
Our doors are open to people from all backgrounds, regardless of where you are on your spiritual journey.
We’re passionate about people and providing them a place to have a life-changing experience through prayer, word, worship, outreach and community development.
Be a life-changing ministry reflecting the Glory of God through Worship, Outreach, Discipleship and Servant-hood.
Be a multicultural, family-oriented and cutting-edge ministry known by its dynamic worship, excellence in management and operations, Christ-like character of its members and life-changing compassion for people of all backgrounds.
Manage crowd traffic by providing direction and monitoring or restricting access to certain areas. Must be alert and perceptive to anticipate diverse situations, assist attendees, and minimize distractions during services and events. Crowd Control Specialists are highly visible staff members.
Essential job functions
· Provide an enjoyable experience by providing exceptional customer service.
· Work cohesively with employees and volunteers to monitor traffic and control access to designated areas.
· Monitor assigned zone by walking through the designated area, observing possible unusual activity and enforcing established policies and procedures.
· Welcome attendees as they arrive, especially people who may be unfamiliar with the layout. Offer assistance and provide directional information.
· Serve as an escort to dignitaries when needed.
· Provide directional information to attendees in the event of an emergency situation.
· Report maintenance and safety conditions to appropriate staff
· Maintain calm, rational demeanor at all times.
· Creatively resolve issues/complaints in a prompt and friendly manner.
· Use sound judgment and escalate matters to supervisor or security personnel as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours for position are up to 25-28 hours per week. Two Sundays per month are mandatory (7:30 am to 3:30 pm).
Additional evening and day time hours may be available.
Salary: $13.00 an hour
High school diploma (or GED)
1 year of experience in a service related position
Ability to work in a variety of environments including around crowds, flashing lights and loud noise.
Ability to navigate a variety of floor surfaces and areas including stairs, escalators, carpet and concrete.
Meet and adhere to dress code and grooming standards, including uniform shirt or attire.
Work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends and holidays.